How to remove Android virus Mazar BOT
There are a few things you can do to keep your phone safe from Mazar BOT, and we recommend you take a moment now to verify and adjust these settings.
1. First of all, NEVER click on links in SMS or MMS messages on your phone. Android phones are notoriously vulnerable and current security product dedicated to this OS are not nearly as effective as they are on computers.
2. Go to Settings > Security and make sure this option is turned OFF: „Unknown Sources – Allow installation of apps from sources other than the playstore.”
3. Install a top antivirus for Android. It may not be enough to protect your phone, but it’s certainly good to have. You can find top-rated options in this article.
4. Do not connect to unknown and unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots. There are plenty of dangers lurking out there, and following some common-sense steps to keep yourself safe from them is the best thing to do. Also, keep your Wi-Fi turned OFF when you don’t use it.
5. Install a VPN on your smartphone and use constantly. It’s good for both your privacy and your security.
6. Maintain a cautious attitude at all times. Android security has not kept up with the high adoption rate of smartphones running the OS, and users may have to wait a long time until better security solutions appear. Until then, a careful evaluation of what happens on your phone is a very good safeguard.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PHONE FROM THE MAZAR MALWARE
Online security experts Heimdal recommend taking a number of steps to protect against infection by the Mazar malware.
1. Never click on links in SMS or MMS messages on your phone
2. Go to Settings > Security and turn off the option that allows installation of apps from unknown sources
3. Install antivirus software for Android
4. Do not connect to unknown or unsecured WiFi hotspots
5. Install a VPN on your smartphone
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3450938/Beware-Android-virus-WIPE-phone-Experts-warn-users-Mazar-malware-spread-text-message.html#ixzz41HkWURMW